Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Living for Jesus!!!

"For me to live is Christ......."(Philippians 1:21)

The hymn "Living for Jesus" is a wonderful song.  In part it reads: "Living for Jesus, a life that is true, striving to please Him in all that I do, yielding allegiance gladhearted,  and free.  This is the pathway of blessing for me."  The word "Christian" ends with 'IAN,' and that stands for "I am nothing."  We are zeroes until we relate to Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul understood this, in fact he said in Romans 7:15, 'For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.'  We as Christians are in a spiritual battle.  It is between our spirit, our flesh and the devil.  It has been said that 'casual Christians know nothing of spiritual warfare.'  You see those who are backslidden, and who are cold and indifferent toward the things of God are right where the devil wants them.  On the other hand, if we are striving to serve "The Lord" and are living for Him everyday, Satan will pull out all the stops to hinder us in our work for "The Lord."  Sometimes these attacks come from unlikely sources.  So we must always have on the "Whole Armor of God" in order to stand against the evil one and his forces.  "Living for Jesus," what a wonderful way to live our lives as we await eternity with HIM.   

No comments:

Post a Comment